Sunday, October 10, 2010

Music with a banana

A friend once pointed out to me: You can add the phrase "with a banana" into the lyrics of almost any song and it will make complete sense.  To illustrate here's a selection of lyrics by well known artists.

Bob Dylan: The answer my friend is blowing in the wind with a banana
The Beatles: It's been a hard days night with a banana
Elvis Presley: Love me tender with a banana
Michael Jackson: Billy Jean is not my lover with a banana
The Rolling Stones: I can't get no satisfaction with a banana
Madonna: Music makes the people come together with a banana
AC/DC: Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap with a banana 
Nirvana: I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks with a banana
Led Zeppelin: And she's buying a stairway to heaven with a banana
Britney Spears: Oops, I did it again with a banana
U2: I still haven't found what I'm looking for with a banana

Oddly the one song that it appears not to work with is the theme song to The Banana Splits TV show.  One banana, two banana, three banana, four, with a banana...  It doesn't quite work.

No comments:

Post a Comment